12th January 2021: After a banner year for digital health, characterized by record adoption and investment, what will come next?
Partners with Boston Consulting Group’s Digital Ventures shared their predictions for 2021.
After 2019 was touted as the “year of the digital health IPO,” few would have predicted what would come to pass in 2020. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, many people have accessed telehealth visits for the first time, or turned to digital tools to manage their health from home.
It’s difficult to overstate the effect of the novel coronavirus, which has spread swiftly across the U.S. in the winter months. Nearly 300,000 Americans have died from Covid-19 at the time of writing. Lightened telehealth regulations during this public health emergency and efforts to prevent the spread of the virus by maintaining distance have led to swift adoption of a number of digital health tools.
How will digital health fit into this new future? Boston Consulting Group Digital Ventures predicted many of these changes will be here to stay.
Read full article – top 5 digital health predictions in summary:
1. Telehealth will continue to grow
2. A digital therapeutic will secure insurance reimbursement
3. Remote patient monitoring will become more prevalent
4. Healthcare will become more decentralized
5. Rise of in-home testing
– all set to be a pivotal year in Lifelight’s history with Telehealth, remote patient monitoring, healthcare decentralisation and in-home testing becoming the norm.
Source: MedCity News